Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Corkie

Thank you both for your replies. I know all about the literature and how helpful SR is....I used to come here under a different name, and I'm wishing now I hadn't told him I came to this site! (He does too, but goes to the other forum, obviously)

I'm still no further ahead in this predicament. There have been issues with lying and trust (in general) in our past so to think of him potentially lying about this upsets me because that's a deal breaker for me, and he knows it. I WANT to believe him. I WANT to believe that he wasn't having a few drinks before coming to my house.
But, the boundaries I set for myself were that if he drank again and/or lied to me again...that was it. I was going to have to move on for good.
This is why this is so important....I cannot live the way i did in the past, and I know it's progressive. So, if he DID drink and lied obviously he's having trouble quitting. If he's having trouble quitting, I cannot risk delving deeper into a relationship out of fear that he starts to drink more, or lie more, or god forbid have my life turn out like it did with him in the past.

I'm babbling....