Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Thanks, LaFemme My mom is home from the hospital but they aren't really sure what happened to her. More doctors tomorrow to figure it out... hopefully!

It never offends me to be offered prayers. It means the person wants the best for me and that's how they express it. None of us finds as much kindness as he should in life, why turn it down because you don't like how it's dressed?

One of my drug buddies called me up today. We had a close friendship before we did drugs, when I quit we virtually quit speaking (we had a weird thing when we were using where we both enabled each other. It was horrible, a positive feedback loop that caused each of us to keep using drugs and using each other. And so it seemed our friendship had to end). He's been clean and sober for 3 days now and wanted to ask how to handle it. I'm so proud of him. He said so many times that he'd quit but he hasn't been c&s for 3 days in the last year, probably longer. No kidding, it was a tough conversation and I've been exhausted since I hung up the phone.