View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Steve)))) - if she gets "doped up" and doesn't make it to the place, then she didnt want it bad enough. No matter WHAT she says, it's what she does.

The closest anyone came to holding MY hands, into getting clean, was the cop that slapped handcuffs on my wrists, and put me in the back of the cop car.

I knew my family loved me, but didn't know, for sure, if they'd ever forgive me or trust me again. I didn't do it for them, I did it for ME.

If she's as excited as she says, she'll get there. If not, it's more addict talk. Why not give her the dignity of making her own decision? You can hold her hand, into the detox clinic, but that doesn't mean she'll stay or go through with it.

You can't compete with the dope...you'll lose every time.

I'm not saying she can't recover. I am going to go out on a line and say that if I were involved with someone so codependent on ME, when I got into recovery, I'd have had to end the relationship. She knows how to string you along, she knows that you continue to stand by her, while she's using. For an RA, that's a VERY dangerous person to be involved with.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but you know me...I tell it like I see it, and as long as you "stick by her", you're doing more harm than good. You also know my story, and that I had to do the same thing with my XABF.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy