Old 09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
khenry

Im having this problem with my abf. Just got out of rehab Friday, and is in a three quarter house now. When he was using (opiates, heroin), he was very affectionate and loving and, as much as i hate to say it, made me feel good. now he is just very.... blah. he hasnt said i love you in probably 3 weeks. we are expecting a baby and he doesnt express any excitement or nervousness towards that fact. he says things that arent outright rude, but somewhat hurtful and doesnt seem to understand why they upset me. he talks about wanting me to pick him up so he can "get laid", not to see me or because he misses me. i DO try and walk on eggshells, and i watch what i bring up with him and i dont argue with him, i know none of that will help the situation right now. i dont know if im sounding selfish, but i know he has to take time to mature and learn remorse and all of that, but is this normal? im not sure if i can deal with this complete lack of emotion, especially when im trying to help myself during this process. any feedback is appreciated!