View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
missb89

I think I am going to try some natural remedies first, maybe a multivitamin, some 5-htp and making sure I get some exercise. I think that my depression is probably made worse because I don't make myself do anything. I do not make myself exercise, I do not make myself clean, I do not make myself eat properly, I do not do the normal things that I need to force myself to do, even if I don't feel like it. Also, regularly attending Al-anon, church, get some more self-help books, and hopefully finding a state appointed counselor.

If after all of that, things still aren't improving, then I will look into the meds. I have just been browing about them online and the information I got really discouraged me on them. So many people have to try a million different ones until they find one that remotely helps. The bad side effects, withdrawals, suicidal thoughts. I think if I can help myself naturally I will try. I do believe a lot of it is situational considering the bad breakup, living with my AF, being overweight and a single mother where my daughter's father has never even met her. We will see what happens.