View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HealingWillCome

I had all the same questions you're asking when I felt like I wasn't going to be able to get through another day without having a nervous breakdown or being able to uncurl from a fetal postion just to get out of bed and face the world.

I made a choice to wait on the meds, to see if I could get through the worst of my depression without trying anything. People kept recommending I try something, but I just didn't want to. I'm glad I waited. The fog has finally lifted for me (it's been 6 months since my break up). What got me through it was a lot of support from family and friends, counseling, SR, prayer, going NC, learning about addiction and codependency, facing my abandonment issues, staying busy, exercising, my job, doing things with my kids, home improvement projects...

You have a baby to care for which changes the equation (maybe there is some post-partum depression adding to the difficulties), and if I remember right, don't you live in your parents' home with a difficult father? Sorry if I'm getting that wrong...but what I'm trying to say is your situation is unique to you. Some people truly need anti-depressants, so it really is a decision to be made with an experienced doctor. I hope you find the best answer for you! Hugs to you!