View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
veryregretful

I just started taking Zoloft last week. I feel the anxiety I'm feeling and sadness because my AH has been gone (well, even before that) I decided I needed something to help me function and not dwell and wallow in my self pity.

I know it's probably mind of matter right now but I've only taken them a week and feel some anxiety has lifted on some level and feel I'm getting out of my rut. I guess they say it usually takes a few weeks for them to be effective. I'm hoping that with taking them it will make the next few months more manageable. I don't want to take them the rest of my life so I'm planning on stopping them sometime. Don't know when.

I've heard people take them to help them cope with what's going on in their life at the moment and then they get off them. 6 months, a year. They have said they were fine when they stopped taking them. They just needed help during a hard time in their life.

I think my anxiety and depression right now is situational. I've always wanted to do things and never felt depressed. I'm hoping that during my transition with my AH gone and getting used to him being gone the zoloft will help me function and not be depressed and so anxious.

I'm nervous about taking them but to me, it's worth a shot. Maybe with being on them my future won't seem so bleak as it is now.