View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Sometimes, to be misunderstood really bothers me. like , if i give enough explanation, it will help me to get the right help.
Me too. I am often misunderstood I think because I do not always say things the "right" way. I can be very blunt but it is not a reflection on how I feel about the other person. It is just how my brain is wired. It takes a lot of work on my part to compensate for that.

Some people get really angry at me because they do not understand me, but I am learning how to let other people own their own frustration and anger. I think one of the mods here, Mike, explains it in terms of "triggers." That is, if someone is triggered from your posts, it is their responsibility to take a couple steps back and chill for a while.

Don't forget too Chicory, we are all coming from our own places and tend to see your situation through our own lenses. Al-Anon teaches you to "take what you like and leave the rest." It takes practice to filter out what people say without letting it hurt you. I am glad you are able to respond effectively when someone does not understand.

I'm not sure if any of this makes sense but I hope something here is helpful.