Thread: Crisis du jour
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
357girl

It made me really sad to read this. I wanted to cry for you and your son, I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I have managed to hold back those tears for my own daughter for a few weeks now.

It's a double-edged sword when as parents, friends, family members, we reach our bottom with their addiction. We begin to take care of ourselves, to think more clearly, be more rationale when they call and when they don't call. We somehow manage to get over the guilt of having happy moments without them. We're okay with it. We stop supporting them financially, we put aside their medical bills. We feel strong. We realize they just aren't ready and we can't make them be ready. They have to reach their bottom on their own, whatever that may be, just like we have reached ours, because we are tired of it and we begin to make changes for ourselves.

We pray and we trust God to reach out to them through others. And we accept but do not dwell on the realization that God may take them to a better place. In the meantime, all we can do is pray and let them know we love them regardless of their addiction.

God Bless you and your son Kind Eyes. I hope your birthday wishes come true.

Claudia