Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
wow1323

So, My first meeting turned out in my head to be a fake. I called an old friend that I went on a couple of dates ago last year; who i knew was a recovering addict for 3 years. He said, "he would take me". When I got to his house he takes me to a hockey game. I said, "what are we doing here?" "I thought we were going to a meeting." "He said your at your meeting." "I said I'm at a hockey game." I felt mind fu**ed. "He said, sometimes it is better to talk with someone 1 on 1 before you go to a group meeting because I might be turned off and leave. He said, "He wanted to know face to face "alone" what was going on with me. I told him , he gave me "the book" to read . specifically page 57. The book had dust on it. I don't even know what to think about all this. Oh, did I mention then he took me for icecream and he told me his story. Which was HARDCORE. I'm still pondering what happened, I think I should probably just go ALONE to a metting. I felt like he might of wasted my time. I was away from my son to go to a meeting. Not a stupid hockey game. Did he do this the right way? Did he trick me just to hang out with me? I'm a lttle confused. What do you guys think? i know his heart was in the right place, but ....