View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Jaguar55

Is that pretty accurate, seven days sober to begin experiencing their emotions again? I'm really interested in how that might work. I can't imagine not experiencing my feelings so I have no idea what it might be like when they come back after having been gone. Anyone able to tell me more about this? I talked to ABF tonight and asked him if he'd be willing to get sober for a few weeks so that if we were going to part ways for good that he would be making that decision while he had access to his feelings. Of course he does not admit that he can't access his feelings... I told him that if we end now I don't want it to be like the last time when he didn't get in touch with his feelings until I was dating someone new. I have no idea if this idea of mine has merit. And I'm not at all sure if he could/would stop drinking for a trial period even if it were only a couple weeks.

I don't want this it to be happening to me. I'm depressed and miserable. I'm having trouble seeing my way through this situation. When I look at the possibilities for my life after I get through this they all look..........lonely. I didn't want this to be my life. I turned 45 this year. I never imagined my life would be anything like this. Crying again and staring at the screen of my computer. I feel hopeless.