Thread: I'm so lost...
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
sesh

Originally Posted by Carol Star View Post
There are stages you will go through anger, bargaining, acceptance, denial and you go back and forth and skip around. I forgot one of them. Focus on yourself and your son. God's grace keeps pace with whatever we face. My therapist had me take 5-HTP from the vitamn shop to get my head chemicals straight. It gets better.
They are 5 stages of grief. You forgot depression: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. One goes back and forht through them, supposedly.

I too think taking some vitamins or some stress relief herbal pills could be a good idea.
Few months ago my RAH was facing death because of liver cirrhosis. My emotions were overwhelming at the time. I started taking some herbal stress relief pills, and they were very helpful. It stopped wild swinging of my emotions and gave me some clarity. I started to breath, and since than everything got much better for me. Aslo, very important: remember to eat properly, it is as important as getting enough sleep (you can't control that) but you can force yourself to eat. When we are hungry, tired and lonely everything looks much worse that it is. Make sure to eliminate as much of that as you can.
Also, anger can be good, it can give you the strength to make the right decisions, but also in my experience the angrier I got, the more I went into the guilt once the anger wore off. But some people can stay angry for healthy amount of time, stick with that anger and make it work for them. I am not one of them, I had to find the balance, the center of myself, get in tune with reality, and the sadness it the emotion that worked best for me.
I wish you well