View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tiredntn

when is it time to end it?

need some thoughts please.

literally just celebrated 10th annv. two kids 2.5 yo boy & 7 yo girl. wife has had a problem with etoh for 2.5 yrs. last year (exactly) it was the worst that it have ever been. she ended up in rehab for 28 days. seemed to realize the problem & learned a lot. she came home & things were improving. relapsed in a big way in about 6 weeks. she went back to rehab for an abbreviated stay & out pt rx. my trust in her was zero. she had previously drove while drunk (with & without kids), etc...... i was willing to continue our relationship if she would take antabuse (which was recommended by others). over the past 7 mo things have been great with us & the family. early last month she stopped taking antabuse & lied about taking it. i trusted her & didnt follow up on this daily. at my bday party cookout (where no one was drinking....) she got drunk. i was devastated.... but i accepted this.... i reset my boundary & said that slip up were ok if no one was at risk (driving, etc). also i wanted to watch her take the pill everday. did so for 2 weeks. then at a girl scout party (where there was no drinking...) she ended up drunk. but this time got in the car & drove away angry..... people at the party did not know what was going on & the arguement was after everyone left.

we are now sleeping in separate rooms & putting on game face for kids. we are very seriously talking about divorce. i have absolutely no trust in her. i have taken away the keys to the car & dont feel comfortable leaving the kids alone with her so we have a sitter.

we cant live like this but what else can we do? if it wasnt for the kids i would be out of here. but i dont want the kids to grow up without a mom (like both me & wife did.....). i did love her (til bday) now im just pissed...

will my trust ever return or should it?

thx