Thread: Feeling guilty
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by TeM View Post
Well, it didn't take long. She was drunk again last night, sitting in her recliner, hiccuping with her head on her shoulder.

I'm running a bizarre gauntlet of thoughts these days. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm almost relieved when she's drunk, because then she leaves me in peace. I know that's horrible, and I feel guilty about it, too. I guess we all have our own demons to deal with.
I was a drunk married to a drunk. I got sober the last year of our marriage and have managed to remain so for 4.5 years now by the grace of HP.

My marriage to a drunk was by far, much more tolerable when I was drunk as well. Sobriety is no way to live with a drunk.

That last year my axw would drink a case of beer a day and STILL NOT PASS OUT and give me some peace.

I did the math, a case a day plus 2 packs of premium smokes, nothing to good for MY axw! Back then it was $20+ a day when we couldn't even afford the mortgage.

My solution? BTW, she jumped on this. Suggested she switch to rot gut vodka, it all tastes the same to me, $10 for a half gallon. Got 3 daze of drunks out of it, and thankfully she'd pass out quick so I didn't have to put up with any crap. And saved a ton of money. Worked out beautifully. I mean really, why ***** foot around.

As far as wasting brain cells on guilt over enjoying some peace, I wouldn't.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote