Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Onewithwings

MJ was not my DoC, but I think we can all relate to that feeling of living for your drug, when it's the only thing you look forward to, and takes over your life. My drug was DXM which is no more physically addictive than pot or maybe cocaine (there are some withdrawals if you are doing a lot, but they are not as bad as opiates or alcohol withdrawals) but any drug can be mentally addictive, which is the real problem anyway, or we'd all stay clean and sober once we got through the withdrawals!

For me, NA has been the key to staying clean (42 days today!) There are marijuana users there as well, so don't think you don't qualify because pot was your DoC, it is for any addict, addicted to any mind or mood altering chemical, which pot certainly is. The steps, meetings, and working with my sponsor have given me strength. I have also developed a relationship with a higher power, which has given me something to turn to when I'm all alone, which addicts often are.

Is rehab an option? I learned a lot of coping tools there, although I did relapse quite often after I got out. However, I am staying clean now and using the tools I picked up in rehab and NA.

Good luck to you!