View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
realperson

Trying to Figure It Out...

My husband has been in recovery for 7 years. I met him 4 years ago and we married 2 years ago. When I first met him, he was really into his recovery and went to meetings every week. He had a lot of patience and was focused on living God's will and being truthful.

Over time, he has been going to less and less meetings - for awhile only 1 per month. Lately, he's been back to meetings more steady. His personality has changed tremendously. He gets angry and unreasonable on a daily basis. For example, tonight he yelled at me for cutting up a watermelon for dinner...."it's got too much sugar and shouldn't be served.".....really yelled. I've caught myself trying to second guess ways I can remove situations that will set him off....he has little patience and has also gotten quite manipulative.

I am wondering if these changes are a sign of his recovery slipping...or if that is just part of living with a recovering addict....I am struggling with figuring out if our marriage has a chance. Any thought? I can't find any information on dealing with those who have been in recovery for awhile...