View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clean4ever

Talking Step#7..Humility..."ASK"..and Act...

Yesterday I went over Steps 6 & 7 with my Sponsor. We both sat down and spoke for several hours. I had "My List" of defects in front of me and we went over each defect. Now, this Step ,for me, is about asking this God, I fully dont understand, to help me change these lesser traits for ones that will help me in my life. Most of these shortcomings are based on many forms of "FEAR". My Sponsor says, "Its now about building character". How ? "Humbly Ask" Who ? God. I was a cocaine addict... I wanted it done NOW !! lol....Steps 6 &7 is a Resting place. Not that I dont DO anything, But I Trust God that He will Remove what needs to be removed. So now I live a little and PRAY alot. Live !!! I dont know how. Im in the process of learning..Ive come a long way from smoking crack in strange places to learning how to live a spiritual life...Its crazy. Sounds very odd. Im clean. Im getting better. Its just not in my time, but Gods. Taking it "One Day at a Time".....I need a wife...lol..really I do. Be Well, Clean