Thread: I'm so lost...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Hi lost,

One of the things that sticks with me the most about this situation is that he cheated on you throughout your relationship. It wasn't just one night, it was every chance he got........till you caught him. He didn't come to you and confess, you caught him and that bugs me and others here.

It stands to reason that he has realized the magnitude of his mistake and is presently doing whatever he can to avoid losing you. But that's not the problem, for he is shortminded about all this. What if he succeeds in getting you back, with all the new things in his home, and once you move in, (which he can be banking on and thus spend now to get it back later when you sell your home, because he did all of this for you) and you discover that he ever cheated again? If we lose a limb, we can't grow a new one and sometimes the emotional limbs we lose are irreplacable as well. There can come a point where trust is lost permanently, and then we are left alone with our sorrows. I don't trust anymore, even though I'm trying to learn how again. I still get edgy when with anyone new. I think all of his effort is an attempt to get you back, then when the dust settles, you don't know what to expect.

Maybe I'm wrong, it's happened tons of times before, but I still think it may help you to step back and see how your heart feels in a few days. Give your heart a couple days to scab over, and begin to heal. Then maybe you won't think of yourself as little ole me, but instead as the wonderful mother and lady that you are.

And sorry for being a smarta$$, it's not my best attribute, lol.