Thread: I'm so lost...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
sesh

Originally Posted by lostfrmbetrayal View Post
Every time I start to feel strong -he then says or texts the next convincing thing:

"My tendencies to my compulsivity and obsessiveness which are traits among all those who have addictions -got the best of me. This I CAN correct and WILL correct!! I'm promising you NOW that nothing like this will ever happen again to you! I am going to show you how wonderful you are... you are going to be treated so special by me that you will have no other choice but to believe in me again - I PROMISE YOU!!!"

---really, why is he trying so hard if he doesn't mean it?
IMO he is saying it because he wants you back where he had you: crazy in love, buying all the BS. We all want to have someone by our side who thinks we are just god's gift.
First he blames his bahaviour on the addiction he claimed before he has recovered well from. To me it just doesn't make sense RA of ten years that is doing well would do this. To me it just sounds like a lame excuse.
And the text in bold really sounds strange to me. He is going to show you how wonderful you are!?! This is not at all about you being or not being wonderful, it is about him treating you bad.
And he will treat you so special that you'll have no choice but to believe in him again. To me that is almost like admiting the manipulation.
All of this is just MO, but I really hope you'll at least go no contact for awhile to try sort your thoughts, you said it yourself him contacting you all the time is not helping you.
I wish you well