View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
phlegmatic

Thank you all for the support. I like what yesbutnobut said about the differences between SR and Al-Anon. I went to that Al-Anon meeting hoping to get advice, but I just felt like I got a bunch of slogans. I will try it again, but probably not today. I really appreciate the support and advice here!

AH came home in the middle of the night, very drunk. He slept on the couch and we have been talking today. He is going to go stay with his family halfway across the country. He is miserable where we live, and he recently lost his job and he doesn't know what to do with his life. So he wants to go there to "figure things out." I told him he couldn't come back unless he comes back to do inpatient and then stay in recovery. So we're both pretty sad, because I think we both know this is the end. We're calling it a "trial separation," but I think that's because neither of us has the guts to just call it quits.

As far as my life goes, all I'm thinking about right now is how I'm going to pay the bills. I know that shouldn't be top priority, but that is reality--I can't pay all the bills on my own, even when I cut out his stuff. So we'll see how that goes.

At least I have friends here I can talk to, and a job where I have to "perform" to such an extent that when I am doing it, it takes my mind off of things. And now I can post here about stuff I don't feel like telling my friends.