Old 09-11-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
veryregretful

I posted earlier on this thread and I am having a hard time with no contact. It's been about 8 days since he left and today he did text me but I did not ignore it. I told him that he needs to be sober and in treatment to come back. That was hard for me. I also said that I was getting the house ready to sell. He always wanted me to sell and move out of the city but I didn't want to move with him while still drinking. I told him that if he is in treatment and sober then he MIGHT be able to come with us. Either way, I'm am selling and moving on with my life.

I understand it's very hard to let go but you are doing a good job!!! Keep it up.

Me, I'm supposed to be cleaning out a closet cuz trash day is on Monday and want to start throwing things away so it will be easier to move. But I am on here right now because I need to support that I am doing the right thing. Moving on. Telling him he can't come back unless sober and in treatment. I have positive plans in the future even without him. It's hard because everywhere I look I see him and it would have been easy for me to say come home. But I didn't. I'm so proud of myself. I am depressed now but I know that as each day passes I will get better. And my kids will get better.

Keep up the good work.