Thread: I'm so lost...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
lostfrmbetrayal

How about making a private appmt with that therapist?

I also have a feeling you could learn huge things from reading about verbal and emotional abuse.
We do have some stickies here.
Also look up "gaslighting"

I wish you peace.[/QUOTE]

--
Live, I'd like to first say that I appreciate you very, very much. Until this post of mine, sadly I've had NO ONE to talk to. I know you think I should tell my family and friends... but I cannot bring myself to do it! Never, never, never have I EVER felt so ashamed and humiliated before in my life.

I think I WILL make a private appointment with this same therapist. She has met him now twice.. has the WHOLE true story because we were both present when it was told. So she may just be the person I need to see.

What do you mean by we do have some stickies here ? (please pardon my ignorance on some things/verbiage used here.)

I looked up gaslighting... ouch. You know why it's "ouch" for me? because that has NEVER in my life been ME? Who is this man to be the first HUMAN BEING (male or female) to ever have been able to gain so much control over me... ME!? If all the people who have known me quite a long time could only describe me in 3 words... they would all be the same; strong, smart & independent.

who is this man? to have gotten one over on me.... why am i still allowing him to even speak to me?

i'm starting to think that all this "strongness" I protest of myself, really is a enormous WEAKNESS. I'm down on myself and I don't what has happened or what is even happening now..