Thread: I did it!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mama36
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I love it here and I love that I went and I just love life, maybe just this minute but I am going to swim in the fine fine waters for a bit and hopefully sleep better tonight.

I'm crying, tears of joy because for the first time in 14 years I feel like I have seen some sort of light at the end of this tunnel. Every time I had an abusive or failed relationship or was with someone who drank it was "all their fault" and now I realize that I too am playing a part in this game that we call life...I own what is mine to take responsibility for and I am going to do my very best to make this thing work so that someday, someway maybe I can help somebody just like me. No, I haven't lost it all yet but now I have every opportunity to never experience just what rock bottom feels like. Just because I haven't hit bottom does not mean that I am/was not still falling...it's a slippery slope.

Today is a good day to be alive and I just can't wait until my Baby (8 years old, lol) comes home on Sunday so that I can hug him and love him and spend some real quality time with him...sober.

((((I love you ALL!!))))