View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I am pleased to *meet* you! I'm sorry that chaos from an active alcoholic brought you here, but very glad you found us and are reaching out for help.

I didn't understand my first Alanon meeting, but I went back as they recommended. I also read here at SR to learn more about the meetings and what to expect. I kept going back to see what could happen. I learned that I needed that hour meeting to relax and be among people that understood what living with active alcoholism feels like. I was not alone anymore! For one hour I could focus on my needs.

My loved one's drinking was taking our family down a path of financial and legal destruction. I had to walk away from the chaos and destruction to protect myself and my children.

Your relationship does not sound like it is giving you the support and respect you deserve. How do you feel about your relationship at this point?

We are here to support you. Please make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed.