Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Unhappy Smoking oxycontin?? Anyone heard of this?

Has anyone ever heard of someone smoking oxycontin? Or heroin? Or some other opiate? Is opium something people do now?

I am fighting my own demons trying not to obsess over my son, trying not to fall back into codependency hell but I couldn't stop myself from digging into his business this morning; I just don't know what I'm dealing with here. He has never been in treatment, never admitted a problem.

I don't really have solid proof of anything. Just mother's intuition and the typical signs and symptoms of use~behavioral changes, different friends, unexplained sleep/wake patterns, financial problems. The most glaring thing is that he nods off in the middle of stuff.

There was a video on his computer that he had made of himself smoking something in a pipe. It was not crack or meth. He acted (on the video) like he had just shot up herion or something. Granted that it was date-stamped about 18 months ago, but still..

It made me physically ill. My heart must have been beating 200X/min. I thought I would pass out. I cannot stand to go through this again. I want with everything in me not to believe he is doing this to himself after what he watched his father do.

Part of me wants to beat the $hit out of him, part of me wants to grab hold of him and never let go. This is worse than being married to an addict. Millions of times worse.