View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sojourner

Hi 22red: Welcome to SR. I'm sorry that you need to be here, but i hope you will stay because there are people here who have been where you are at now, and they can have good wisdom for you.

I'm answering because I see you just posted. Others will be along as they see this.

Being only 15 days away from a new baby, your focus needs to be on that. Do you have any family you can call to come help just before delivery and for a spit of time after?

The usual advice we give people like you is to get yourself to Alanon meetings and come here often. But I realize that with your new baby coming and with a 5 YO in the house, and with your limited outside support system, getting to an Alanon meeting is going to be on the back burner for now. But you can come here.

Hopefully your husband will back off the drinking as your delivery date approaches so he can be of help. When I was married, my then cocaine-addicted husband would sober up for about a month after a baby was born. But he really was not much help at the hospital. Your situation may be different, but now is the time to start making arrangements for a back-up plan in case your husband cannot stay away from the drinking during that time.

Again, welcome to SR !