View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
NightandDay

Repeated trips to the pharmacist to try to get the right combination of sleep/nausea meds when ABF and I were staying with a bunch of friends for a wedding weekend. He was coming off his painkillers and I didn't really get it. .. I thought I could get this freaking out, vomiting thing to chill out and attend a wedding with me. Didn't happen. Instead, I spent my whole weekend at the drug store, reading labels and trying to make sure whatever combination I was getting for him wouldn't kill him. Tylenol PM, Nyquil, Xanax, Dramamine, Pedialyte. .. none of it helped, he stayed up for 3 days straight pacing around and flipping out and ACTUALLY CONVINCED ME THAT HE HAD THE FLU. My friends thought I was insane.

On one of my trips to the store, I bought him a "Get Well Soon" card. I cooked him food. When I wouldn't give him the whole bottle of xanax at once, he called me a "Manipulative b*tch." So I went back to the store to get him an ice cream sandwich. All the while thinking, "Why is this happening to me?!? I even bought a new dress! Doesn't he CARE????"