View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MMkM

I also am surprised about a law if police are called often eviction may be an option, could understand if they were coming to arrest the main tenant a few times.

This would encourage people from calling police if they needed them.

If someone got hurt and opted out of reporting for fear of eviction one wonders if the apt. would not be held to some sort of liability for that.

Everyone has a right to feel safe by knowing the police are a phone call away.

You are doing great with your rules. Know how tough this is for you and have been following your situation. He sure got out his court case pretty good and that seemed to have left you to implement your plan immediately.

With mine the APS reported to me that they interviewed stepmom and Dad and guess what? The whole reason street people have to help them (from lack of money), they are broke, the house is falling apart, banruptcy, etc... is because:

Of us grown kids! Seems us lazy whelps are not helping out in their situation.

At first I was about to get angry, but calmly talked to social worker and led her to property records that proved non payment of taxes started at their marriage and lawn liens ate away at his income properties intended for his old age care.

But from knowing about ACOA which I learned about on here I knew this was not a surprising accusation.

I also told the Social Worker I had taken care of my alcoholic Mom and was not about to spend effort and weekends doing the same for the mess going on now.

AND best part: only casually emailed this to a sibling. No frantic calling up and telling what we were accused of, recalling the social worker, getting worked up, yelling at my stepmom...

Did have a bad day as this is tough, but feel so much stronger and know what to expect and what is truly normal and not normal for famiilies thanks
to this forum. Seems all the help you do give them is not enough and you still get blamed for the consequences.

Hope you are staying strong and thinking of you, you are not alone!