View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Not sure if this info belongs here, but since quitting the drinking 70 days ago, adding an additional hour of weight training and cardio to the 5 miles I walk everyday, adding more fruit to my diet, I have been able to be basically ache and pain free, no headaches, no digestive problems, and the depression that I once thought I had is now suddenly gone.

I have not had to reach for any pain relievers, or antacids, and I used to pop them like they were tic tacs. My blood pressure which I check daily is perfect, and even pains from old sports injuries have seemed to disappear. They only thing I notice now is if I have some carbs or refined sugar the previous day I can feel a little bloated in my hands the following morning.

The other positive is I used to pull muscles or at least strain them regularly when I was working out, but I have had no such problems in the last 60 days.

The part that amazes me the most is the depression. I never medicated for the depression aside from alcohol, but now I am thinking that the alcohol might have been the cause in the first place.