Old 09-05-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

Originally Posted by Alejandra View Post
I guess that at the beginning it was kind of my fault because we both went out all the time to have a few drinks

Alejandra

first of all, above quoted: NOT. TRUE.
not even a little bit. please do not take ANY responsibility for another person's actions, illness, personality, color of underwear....anything.
would you blame him because you like roller coasters? even if he went on one with you at the amusement park? of course not.

secondly, i do understand. the super strong chemistry is sometimes an indicator that there is a strong but unhealthy pull. you may want to look at your history. have you been attracted to someone who is an addict before? (for me it was every man i was really drawn to. every one.)
do you have a family history of alcoholism? if you do, this makes perfect sense.

extricating myself from the relationship that i hoped would blossom into the greatest love of my life, was the most PAINFUL thing i have ever done. and i say that as someone who has been molested, had a miscarriage, ended an 18-year marriage, lost two businesses & went bankrupt.
you will get through it if you are committed. believe me, we can help. many of us did this years ago, some of us are going through it right now.

if nothing changes, nothing changes. please do not reunite with him. you're in the hardest part right now, but it WILL pass.