View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by tyty115 View Post
Im very new to this site but after reading the original post I felt that I had to say what I've been feeling. Im 23 years old and my father has been suffering with alcoholism almost all of my life...he has been in and out of a number of rehabs but nothing seemed to phase him...he felt like he was invincible. A few years ago he was diagnosed with sirosis of the liver...and it has been a really bumpy ride since then. Long story short my father passed away about a month ago...August 5th..50 years old...the night before we were going to tell him that he was going into hospice..and although I had been trying to prepare myself for that day i have learned that it is something that cannot be prepared for. Right now im still an emotional train wreck...maybe even worse now than I was right after he died. It's the little things that hurt the most...missing the phone calls...the hugs...knowing he's never going to walk me down the aisle at my wedding...or hold his grandbabies...without trying to make this entire post about me I just want you to know Jimbo that I really truly know what you're going through...because I just went through it and it won't be easy but what gets me through the tough days is knowing that my dads not suffering anymore...that he is finally at peace...and when your mother passes I hope the same for her <3
tyty please post a new thread when you feel the need so that we can support you during this time. and