SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - need courage and wisdom-
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ChrrisT

Hi Chicory,

Your situation just breaks my heart. This troubled man is your baby. I can't even imagine your pain of having to watch your son throw away the life you gave him.

I hear the heartache in your posts - making a point of even the smallest good moment, a single kind word, just to hold onto that little boy that you remember.

My son he's 11, He is such a sweet boy (when he's not torturing his sisters of course)
He's going to the Yankee's game tomorrow with his grandparents and dad. He's so excited, as only a little boy can be about such a thing, ya' know.

He left today and I thought of you after he was gone. How do I keep my little boy safe and happy like he is now? Am I raising all of them to be confident and self assured people who will be able to avoid these sorts of dangers? How do we know?

You have given me perspective Chicory - I will certainly think twice before I make an issue about something my RAH does or says. Cause we take or leave our spouses - but our children are what we live for. Even if they are grow. They are always our babies. Even when they don't need mommy anymore.

I hope with all my heart this has a happy ending for you and your son.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChrrisT For This Useful Post:
bookwyrm (09-04-2010), chicory (09-03-2010), HealingWillCome (09-03-2010), LexieCat (09-03-2010), tjp613 (09-03-2010), wicked (09-03-2010)