View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mel8899

Thanks Anna and Dee, unforunately, my mother does not even want to admit she has a problem and has always enjoyed playing the victim. If she actually gets better she feels she will lose the attention. It is almost like Muchasen's (sp) syndrome or at least major case of hypochondria. She does have real health issues, but has made them worse by not actually taking care of herself and popping pills. Also found out that while I was at college, the "back clinic" she went to was actually a rehab facility due to percocet addiction. WOW, that would have been nice to know.

Doing Ok right now, came home to give the puppy and I some down time to wind down. I cannot watch her 24/7 and just have to pray to make it until Monday and that she will go. She keeps telling me what a bossy bitch I am being, but if that is what it takes to get help that is Ok with me.

Could really use some support dealing with geriatric drug abuse. I have already figured out from the detox place last night that it is not a common situation. is Alanon a good place to start? Should have gone when dad collapsed, but again he was 68 yo and people seem to have a different reaction when dealing with the elderly and substance abuse.