Old 09-02-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by onlyliveonce View Post
I'm looking for something i can do or say to him. He does not open up to other people about his problems. One issue with him is he never takes responsibility for what he does and that's not a good thing. Maybe we just need to sit down and talk more often and about things that don't necessarily make us comfortable.
As an open and honest adult, I think its always good to talk openly about what is troubling you. However, I've learned from my kids that thats not always the case with them.

I have found myself on occassion making them very uncomfortable, because I needed to talk when they didn't particularly care to. I'm not sure if I needed to clear the air, or prevent something I thought would harm them down the road, but I do remember they would roll their eyes and clam up.

Maybe just allow him some space for now, and if he continues to act up, address those problems as they arise. Of course, if it becomes serious then professionals may be your best bet. They are trained in getting kids to open up.

Just some thoughts...as I said 15 year olds can be very tricky.