View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
I sobbed my heart out and begged God to end this some way, and do it soon. I had taken enough and wanted out....but how?

That day I saw SR and took a look, went back to reading my alanon books and to the Steps. That day I realised RABF had to find his own way and I had to find mine, no-one else could change my life, stop the trauma and pain, but me.

A few hours later reading step 2, I could not argue that my life was not totally unmanageable....that was 2 out of 2 and more to come.

Thank God for his aiming me towards SR and back to the steps.

God bless
I too prayed and begged my HP to release me from the pain of my relationship (not that I didn't love him, but we were lost)......my prayers were answered when he cheated. It forced me to leave.

I was out, but it's not the way I wanted out, but I think it had to be extreme in order for us to both stand back and look at what was going on.
I believe he feels like a tool for doing what he did. He said he was going to finally start his steps because he needs to understand why he acted in this way (I have faith he will) and I started my steps because I needed to finally fix me.
His mistake may have been the lifeline we both needed.

My life became unmanageable and now I have the chance to turn that around..........even though it's SO painful!