Thread: Pondering
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sojourner

AA/NA offers no-cost excellent treatment (in the form of 90 meetings in 90 days).

Salvation Army has their huge rehab program with many facilities throughout the country.

In this area we have a church that has created a long-term program (no cost) that has also bought up houses nearby (all by donations) and renovated them to be sober houses for the graduates of the long-term program.

Teen Challenge is a no-cost program that has facilities all over the country. This is a long-term program for adults over 18 (they really need to change that name). It is funded by donations from churches all over the country.

There are probably scores of churches that have created long-term programs for treating addictions that don't make the radar because they are not that big. Somebody once gave me a nice brochure from a church about a facility they had somewhere in the East.

God bless the creators of all these facilities who realize that the person who needs their help the most is also the person whose life is so devastated that they have no money for the help they need. I shop at all the thrift shops that fund these places.

I know your daughter is in rehab already, so you are just curious on this one. God has made provision for all the addicts. The hard part is not finding no-cost rehab. The hard part is watching the addict continue his/her spiral into the abyss all the while denying he/she needs that kind of help.