Thread: I am afraid
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

PJ
I'm so sorry that you're dealing with the craziness of addiction.

My ex husband told me all the time "if you leave me, I will kill myself". I believed him. I stayed with him for five years. I finally couldn't take it anymore and divorced him. That was 27+ years ago.....he is still alive.

My AS threatens suicide all the time.....just like his father did. As his mother, it is sheer torture to hear him say that....and he knows it.

People who threaten suicide because they are seriously at a point of being unable to cope with life are one thing. People who use suicide threats as a means of keeping someone else an emotional hostage is something else entirely.

Personally, I can no longer allow myself to be manipulated in this way. I have accepted that my AS could elect to take his own life and I have no control of that. God knows that I want him to live. I want him to be drug free. But I can't make him do anything that he doesn't want to do and I can't stop him from doing something that he is hell bent on doing.

Take care of you.......you matter in all of this.

gentle hugs

Last edited by Kindeyes; 09-01-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: can't spell to save my life