View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
chicory

MMkM,
Yes, I read your posts, and really feel for you and what this must be like. I was glad to hear that you are finding a good way to deal with the problem, on your end. Thank God for protective services, and for this forum.

I was told to get into or read about ACOA. Today I woke up feeling better, not wondering if he had been fed, or bathed or who was left with him. I left that up to Adult Protective Services - they have the power to do something about this situation now just as a Judge and Prosecutor have the power to do somethig about your son now.

As I have read most messages end with what are you doing for you? Alanon, ACOA, a therapist. Some books people recommend. Workbooks. Someone, probably on here, recommended just going to the library and going down the ailes and picking up books on what clicked with them. Anxiety, Positive thinking, Alcoholism, Depression, etc... and making a custom made workbook to study. Maybe something positive such as meditation, yoga or gardening.
I really like the idea of making my own workbook study. I love reading, and look forward to many of the books recommended here. I may be able to stretch this little atrophied brain a bit (does this thing have spell check?)

I also am interested in meditating. And on spending time , thinking about each of the twelve steps. there is a lot to learn, thank goodness for the brilliance that is shared here.

thank you, and i am glad that you are here. I will keep good thoughts for you and your father. I am glad that you are taking care of you. I guess I had better do something for myself. I love to oil paint. Maybe I will drag out the paints and see if there are any fit to use
hugs,
chicory