View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Bucyn

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
My father ... did not get his life together, until my mom divorced him, he moved away to florida, met a woman and got sober. became a volunteer fireman, and lived a good life. He died of a heart attack at 51 years old. But, he died having known happiness, and that makes me happy. ... Is there any chance that it could help him to get help, if I talk to the judge, and tell him that my son needs help? son was diagnosed bipolar2, and by another doc, with situational depression. Should i get out of the way, and let what happens happen?
So what helped your father the most was being abandoned by his wife and family?

Turn your back on your son and maybe your son will follow the pattern, move away, get a job, meet a woman he cares enough about to pull his life together.

You cannot help your son, even if you talked to a hundred judges because your son does not want help. If he did, he'd take all the help that had been offered him, the job training, etc...

Food stamps was not wrong to cut him off. They gave him an opportunity and he blew it. You gave him a chance and he blew it. The courts gave him a chance (with fines, rather than jail) and it seems he blew it again.

You cannot help him any more than you can change his eye color.