View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Originally Posted by Harry01854 View Post
The two BB Step Study Meets here where I live follow the same format that bballdad has linked are the same that we follow here, including the Big Book Step Study Preamble.

"*If you have done this step as it is laid out in the Big Book, please share your experience with us. If you haven’t, we ask that you be open minded enough to listen. If you have a question pertaining to the step, please feel free to ask. Group conscience has voted a five-minute limit on comments."

Here we also have people who have just gone to 12x12 Meetings, but just go through the 12 Steps, and have been through a thorough 4th Step and 5th Step. We also have people who have gone through the process of the Step in what is called AWOL, (I have no idea what it stands for), I do know it is not AA approved. Some of these people have tried to share at the Big Book Step Study Meetings but were asked to refrain from sharing if they haven't been through the process through the Big Book. Therefore, these people have labled the Big Book Step Study meetings as "Those Nazi Meetings."

After a couple of months of going to these meetings twice a week, I knew that this was the way for me to go. Myself, I'm glad I went through the process this way.

Harry
I thought the format that bballdad uses seemed interesting myself. I'm going to show that format at the group conscious meeting in two weeks. The only question I have about it is you don't read all of the first 164 pages, including "There is a solution."

But if bballdad says it's powerful and you're glad you went through it that way, then I'll take your guys' word that it's a good Big Book study.