Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shanon29

Angry Trying to not FEEL GUILT..Its eating me up!

Oh boy where to begin. I just recently left my girlfriend because of alcohol and substance addiction. This has been an on going issue since we met. She stated that she had been in recovery well rehab 4 times. I thought that she was on the right path. Then I fell in love with her. We were only together for six months. However, in that six months so much happened. It started out the first month she didnt come home until 6am I asked her if she used and she looked at the floor and said yes. We talked about it then let it go. Well the drinking started to become more frequent. It was 2 nights a week not coming home until early morning hours. The fighting was non stop. So finally the straw that broke the camels back was 3 weeks ago she didnt come home until 8am. I had no idea where she or who she was with. I finally was able to reach her and she was beyond drunk at 8am. I went crazy in my mind and on her. The fear of not knowing if she was dead or alive I just couldnt take it. Throughout the entire relationship there was no affection on her side. When she said i love youit felt forced. When I look back on it now it was a mission being with her. But, I loved her unconditionally and didnt think I should leave. Up until 3 weeks ago. I have had more tears fall then I ever thought would. My biggest issue is the guilt I feel. I feel like if you love someone you dont just leave. this isnt my first time leaving. I dont know what to do or think. I am so confused. My mother was an alcoholic I left her as well. She passed away 7yrs ago. My ex will not talk to me what so ever. I have read in past post that they typically call or text or email. Well I changed my number bcus all we did was fight and say mean horrible things to each other. I figured she would at least email me. Was leaving the wrong thing to do??? I need help!