View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

I brought up at the meeting during announcements that from my experience the Big Book has more interest and people seem to come back more and that this would give the group a spark. I then asked what people thought about switching from the 12 & 12 to the Big Book.

One member said we need to discuss this at a group conscious meeting before the meeting. I said fair enough. Another key member then said he prefers the 12 & 12 because it gets in depth about each step. So we will have a group conscious meeting in two weeks.

I've talked about this with another AA member/friend from a different group and said that I feel like I have outgrown the group, the group isn't growing, not many people come back. He said to change meetings. He said it happens all the time and that's one of the reasons why there's so many meetings. He said he's done it on a number of occasions.

A big reason why I stay as of now is because it's been my home group for several years now. It's close to my home. I know the people well there. It's just I'm so tired of reading out of the 12 & 12. Although they do sometimes break up into two tables and have a first step without any reading, so I could go to that other table when they offer it.

So I do realize that changing meetings is an option and I'm considering it. It would be a hard thing to do because I've known, got be be friends with some people there for many years now. But the question remains. Should I stay there if they don't try my suggestion of switching to the Big Book?