View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Since you ASKED!

When I was in a similar situation to yours, My HP actually stepped in "and did for me what I couldn't do for myself".

It was my axw, but the alcoholic chaos, and the "dance" was the same. I had NO PROBLEM calling the police to come get her outta the house if she was "doing what they do". She'd just run off into the night and come home the next day, but at least I'd get my "beauty rest".

But I just couldn't bring myself to "put her out of the house" permanently. So finally she "shot herself in the foot" yet again, we got called back to CPS court AGAIN.

This time the Judge Judy look alike put her out of the house FOR me. By the time she got out of rehab, my own head had cleared enough to be able to NOT let her back.

With regard to your son, if I find myself frantically trying to do "something/anything" to make the "discomfort" stop........then I've learned to do "NOTHING".

Because ANYTHING I do in that state of pain/confusion, ALWAYS, ALWAYS turns out to be the exact WRONG thing to do. I know, I have PLENTY of experience!

It's hard, but I believe your HP has gifted you BOTH, by doing for you what you couldn't do for your selves.

Maybe consider NOT messing with God's handiwork?

Hang in there, things they are a changing.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote