View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

'CHICORY'

I know you love your son and you are concerned. Try loving your son enough to let him go - go and grow up and be a responsible adult on his own. He obviously needs help (you cant save him anymore).
While your son has you to blame, abuse and use, no job, no money but he has a nice warm bed and the rest, he wont seriously think about doing anything else by the sounds of it. He probably has other issues going on as well, a little messed up and hes taking it out of you because you let him.
There are no consequences for your son, it seems he knows you will clean up all the messes in his life. If one of my sons had thrown dip - he would be the one cleaning it up, not me.
I know how you feel as a mother. I kept holding onto the dream that I could save my son and stop him from getting into anymore trouble. The more I tried, the more trouble he got into. It was the same, my son never had any responsibilities, I bailed him out everytime he needed it.
I can guarantee you that your son needs structure, boundaries and consequences right now. Maybe try writing up some kind of contract with him. The rules, chores, what respect you need from him etc etc You could discuss it with him and make an agreement that you need him to stick to.