View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Thank you for sharing that, Rita.

I'd bet money that it was harder doing what you did with her than all the cleaning up from Katrina, yes?

Glad today brings you better times and happier days to come.

Hugs
Hey Ann -
We were cleaning up from that NOT REMEMBERED HURRICANE RITA!!!

Not many people remember but less than a month after Hurricane Katrina hit Southeast Louisiana - Hurricane RITA which was a CLASS 4 Hurricane (Katrina hit as a 3) hit Southwest Louisiana ~

Our area was devasted just as bad as New Orleans but we didn't receive the press coverage. ~

The people in our area did evacuate but we probably wouldn't have if our area had been hit first ~ but watching what everyone went thru - in SouthEast Louisiana AND in Mississippi - we did leave when asked - even those of us that had to stay in shelters, leave on buses, etc. I came home the next day to utter destruction - it was heartbreaking to see your hometown devasted ~ but encouraging to watch everyone pull together to make it thru it.

YES - recovery from a Hurricane is tough - but nothing compared to the Hurricane that addiction/alcoholism does to our lives!

Thanks for all the support, love and understanding! i would never make it without y'all!

PINK HUGS!