View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((lady luck))

If your friend's health is at danger/risk - you can bring her to an ER and let a dr assess her. You can share with the staff at the hospital you believe she may have a problem with substance abuse.

If they recommend her for treatment, you can offer to bring her, offer her mental support her while she's there, and send out good thoughts and prayers for her ~ but the very sad and real part of this disease is like the old saying . . .

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it"

It is very painful to watch a loved one walk that path of addiction, active using and self-destruction ~ but until they want a different life there is not much we can do. You can provide the options for them but they usually have to want to change themselves.

There are usually listings for treatment centers at the local hospitals, AA meetings, etc - I'm in a different part of the country so I'm not familiar with any in your area.
But you can check those options for listings and what finanical options your friend has available to her.

Another suggestion would also be for you to attend some Al-Anon meetings to help you know what is healthy for you and your friend in facing active addiction. They have truly been a lifesaver for me!

Sending out good thougths & prayers for all involved.
HUGS,
Rita