View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hurtandangry

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Have you begun the divorce process? I know that the thought of finally being legally free of my AH is worth me losing everything. That speaks volumes. It.is.worth.it.

I understand that hope, that one day they'll find recovery - but I don't have to be legally tied to mine while he stays a dry drunk.

Guilt is useless. You know you have no control over her, if you're feeling guilty about your own actions then take a look at your motivations. I too felt guilty, when I fled the home. But, after time away, away from the insanity, I realized I had absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. I was able to see the forest for the trees if you will.

Give yourself some time to get some perspective from a place of peace.

yes i filed for divorce along with a restraining order.......just last thursday!

the wound is still fresh, i've been talking to a counselor on my own for well over a year but the reality is still hard to cope with even though i know it's the right thing to do.

as for "the insanity"........some days all was good, others all was nuts.

at least now i'm in control of what nuttiness takes place in my house and i'm hoping to mitigate my own emotional roller coaster by typing.

i need to start packing her stuff today.....no fun but necessarry.