View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
hurtandangry

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Well...

Trying to force and control her didn't work, apparently.

Funny, this is pretty close to what my AH did to me. Left me stranded and moved all the money, closed the accounts. Threatened to have me evicted. All the while, telling friends and family he was trying to "help" me. Except I don't drink, or do drugs.
no drinking or doping on my part.

about a year ago the poor behavior started....yelling, missing money, no job, you know the drill.......i trusted and believed in her promise that "it won't happen again"..

it happend......i cut my losses.

now i'm trying to cope with my own self doubt, i should have done something different.....if only i'd........

i know that it wasn't me hiding vodka in the kids water bottles, wasn't me screaming and yelling in front of the kids, but none-the-less i'm still trying to deal with the self doubt that accompanies most folks who choose to remove themselves and their child from an unhealthy enviornment.

she is not "stranded" her family has once again opened their door so that she and her child have a roof over their heads.

now i'm trying to get myself and my house in order so that i can be the best single father that i'm capable of being.

i hope she seeks treatment, but i have no control over her actions, just as i had no control over her drinking.

what i can control is myself...i can refuse to participate both emotionally and financially....what i'm having issues with is my own sense of guilt...that's why i sought the advice of those who've "been there-done that".