View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sofacat
work in progress

And now.... my Mother. :(

So, I've been just trying to take one situation at a time. Finally have come to a place of peace with Mr.Sofa's addiction, and losing him. One day at a time, right??

But there's a WHOLE other situation that has been going on simultaneously.
My mother.

She has been a drinker for some time now. My father was too.

But last year, she had double knee surgery and the doctors prescribed pain killers to her for it.

To this day... she is STILL taking them.

The problem is, she lives RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME.

She has been calling in sick a lot, and never goes anywhere but work.

My problem is, I can't spend time with her, and she avoids me like the plague because she knows "I know."

It makes me sad. I can see the black cloud over her house, and she is my mother. I can't get away from it!!!!!!!!!!

It's now the same rhetoric from her... no money, sick all the time, mood swings, avoidance...etc.

I am tempted today to go to her house while she is at work and rummage through her drawers looking for the pills!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!

She is 70 years old. Don't know if we "the family" have time for her to "bottom". I'm afraid she is going to hurt herself ( she has fallen down on MANY occasions and had to go to the hospital).

What to do, what to do.

I have been putting off telling you all this, because I was just trying to get over one loss... but now this is starting to get to me. And I am letting it.

Anyone???????