View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
Actually Freedom, I'm in my 8th step, listing my amends, just in case you are actually asking because you care, rather than trying to insult me.

To clarify, I post here at SR because I do indeed care, not to insult.

I have a sponsor I have not agreed with many times. I've hung up on him more times than I can count. (I haven't done that for a few years now)

The thing is, he cares more about saving my butt than me saving face because for him, as for me, this is a life or death situation. He has never steered me wrong in recovery in over 20 years now.

I got a call last night from a lady asking me to be her sponsor. Guess what the kicker is on that? She's the same neighbor (along with her druggie boyfriend) a few houses down that I got my puppy Ku'a from, the same people who got caught dumping the last two pups of that litter out in the country, and now have charges filed against them.

My first internal reaction was disgust, and wanting to say no. Now where was God in that reaction?

The lady came to me for help. I am no better than she is. I may not agree, may in fact abhor her behavior in regards to those last two pups, but I have to remember what kind of person I was when active in my addictions.

Had people looked down their noses at me, like I have been known to do in my past, I never would have been shown a better way of life.

My sponsor is my sponsor for a reason. If I disagree with him, I let him know in no uncertain terms. Often I have not seen the reasoning in what he has requested of me, but in the end, it has become clear.

I trust him with my recovery.